Week Four Newsletter
Here’s what you will find in CG Special Editions: Cancer Review Issue
Welcome to CG Special Editions – Cancer Review Issue
At Collateral Global, our primary mission is to build an evidence-based understanding of COVID-19 mitigation measures through scholarship and research.
Today, CG releases our very first piece of original research, ‘Review of the Impact of COVID-19 First Wave Restrictions on Cancer Care’ by Professor Carl Heneghan, Jon Brassey, and Tom Jefferson. This rapid review of 69 studies analyzes the effects of COVID-19 restrictions on global cancer care in 2020.
In keeping with that theme, this week’s original content includes:
- An essay by Professor Heneghan and Tom Jefferson explaining the relevance of their research in ‘The Effects of Cancer Delays During the COVID-19 Pandemic’
- Editor-In-Chief Jay Bhattacharya’s weekly editorial explaining how the toll of missed cancer diagnoses will persist into the indefinite future
- Part Four of Professor Paul Dolan’s six-part Making Policy Better series: ‘The Effects of Fear at a Time of Crisis’
- Reports on delayed cancer treatment and diagnosis from Japan and Italy
- Our Science Unlocked Research Recap, which offers a quick look at the original Collateral Global Cancer Review Study
- A striking infographic visually representing the results of the study
Our weekly CG original videos include an interview with Dr Irfan Malik, a UK GP, who discusses the impact of virtual consultations on healthcare outcomes, and a sobering conversation with Nick Stokes who, just months ago, lost his wife of 46 years to undiagnosed cancer.
As always, we invite you to check out our Get Involved page, FAQs, and About Us sections, where you can find specifics about who we are, what we believe, and what we aim to accomplish. You can also follow us on Twitter.