We’re grateful for your contributions
Here are some important things to know about how Collateral Global collects and uses the money people give to us:
- Collateral Global is a UK registered charity (No. 1195125) and our funds are in the public domain.
- We have assembled a team of independent experts from across the world to conduct research on the collateral effects of COVID-19 response policies.
- The purpose of the charity to fund this research, and communicate the findings both to the public and to journalists and policy makers. The funds are not for campaigning.
- CG is in the process of appointing an independent board of trustees to oversee the management of the charity and its funds, and compliance with the Charity Commission’s regulations.
- The use of funding is currently decided by CG’s Scientific Advisory Board. As the organisation grows, CG will appoint a Board of Governors to allocate funds to specific research projects, and to collate the overall research and analysis into a full impact assessment.
- Our work is made possible thanks to the generosity of a range of donors including trusts, foundations, health professionals, scientists and members of the public.
- We are committed to openness and transparency about the sources of our funding.
- No single funding party or groups of funders will have influence over the strategy and purpose of the research initiatives.
- Our policy is to ensure that Collateral Global is not dependent upon a single source of funding.
- Collateral Global’s principal funding is via organisations and individuals who share our vision.
- All financial support is governed by our funding principles:
- We encourage donations from organisations that support our aims and values
- We value our integrity and independence and all donations are accepted on this basis
- We encourage donations from organisations with a strong interest in science and evidence in society
- We do not accept donations where there is a risk of conflict of interest
- We welcome donations from individuals, including those linked to payroll giving
- Donations from individuals and small private trusts will be acknowledged publicly at the request of the donor.
- Occasional direct sponsorship of activities will be by written agreement. Direct sponsorship of activities will also be acknowledged on related publicity.
Questions about funding should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.